When it comes to the Kardashians, people either love them or hate them.
I watch every single episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians. I personally think that Kris Jenner, mother of the famous Kardashian siblings, is a marketing and branding genius. She has somehow managed to make Kim and her entire family one of the biggest “brands” and names in the entertainment world. This did not happen by chance at all. This was planned, strategised, and carefully orchestrated.
I think that the Kardashian/Jenner family makes for entertaining viewing. I also love the fact that Kim Kardashian has helped the world to appreciate curvaceous women. I find her love for Kanye West very endearing, and I love the way that the Kardashians embrace and stand up for interracial relationships.
As a brand, the Kardashians are extremely successful. You can be sure that you will see at least one member of the Kardashian clan in a magazine or on TV. Even if you do not like them, they have made their mark and there is no escaping them.
It may be difficult to balance your favourite TV shows, your sports, your day job, or whatever else requires your attention, with your studies. Balance is something that I personally struggle with (not to mention my star sign is Libra!).
Just like you, I studied via distance learning. One of the hardest things about it was trying to balance everything with my studies.
Here are some tips to balance your life and your studies:
- Make studying a habit – incorporate studying as part of your everyday routine.
- Think about the content of your studies on a regular basis, whether it is on the train, while you are taking a walk, or while you are sitting around the breakfast table. Sometimes being away from the books can help you to really grasp important concepts.
- Try to see your studies as a part of your life, as opposed to being a separate entity that you need to make time for.
- Talk about the subject material. Bring it up in conversations and use it in your everyday life.
- Change locations. Studying in the same place can get boring. If it is a sunny day, take your books to the park, the beach, or somewhere else where you can be comfortable. Don’t associate your studies with a dull and boring environment.
- Take the things you love and tie them into your studies. For example, look at the Kardashians from a business perspective, rather than seeing them simply as a form of entertainment.
- Give yourself a day off. Don’t try to study every single day. Make sure to take a break and relax – even if it is over a weekend.
- Schedule your studies for a time when you are calm, have eaten, and are at your most focused.
- Get excited about your studies. Do extra research, read books, and become engaged in the subject matter.
- Don’t see studying as a chore, see it as an adventure.
“People are recognizing that I am an entrepreneur and do more than be on a reality TV show.”
– Kim Kardashian