“Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” – Buddha
Mondays… It is most probably every person’s least favourite day of the week. It is never easy getting out of bed after a weekend, knowing that you will yet again have to face another full week. I am one of those people who would lie in bed until the last minute, feeling sorry for myself that I have to get up, while some of my friends or family members can sleep in.
Here are a few things you can do to make your Monday blues a bit easier to handle:
- Get up early. The best thing that you can do for yourself is to get up early so that you have enough time to get ready without any haste. This way you will feel more relaxed, and you will not start your day with unnecessary stress.
- Take a shower or bath. By taking a shower or having a bath you will feel refreshed and more awake.
- Eat breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. By having breakfast, you will not only give your body and mind the necessary energy to function for the day, but it will also give your metabolism a kick-start.
- Have a cup of coffee. Caffeine has always been my little helper in the mornings, and even throughout the day. If you are not a coffee person, have a cup of tea. Most teas also contain caffeine.
- Drink your coffee or tea outside. Instead of drinking your cup of coffee or tea inside, rather have it outside. The fresh air will do you good and will also help you to gather your thoughts.
- Pack yourself a snack. Knowing that you will have something to eat during the day will also help you to be driven and determined to function and complete your tasks. It is also healthy to have something to eat, otherwise your metabolism and energy levels, along with your ability to concentrate, will drop.
- Listen to music. On your way to work, class, or where ever you are heading, listen to your favourite song, or listen to the radio. This will not only cheer you up, but also get your energy levels up. By lifting your spirit, you will feel more confident and ready for the day.
These seven tips are but a few suggestions of what you can do to tackle your week. It is never easy starting a new week, but at least after you have survived Monday, there are only four more days until it is the weekend again!
Good luck to all the students of College SA! May your week be fun, relaxed, and filled with happiness 🙂