Hi there to you all,
Happiness is one of the best emotions that we can feel. There is no perfect definition of ‘happiness’, but we all know what happiness is when we do (or don’t) feel it.
“Happiness is when what you THINK, what you SAY, and what you DO are in complete harmony” [As said by my hero, Gandhi].
One of my personal goals for this year is to spend more time being happy.
1) ONLY spend time with people who make you feel good, respected and loved.
As much as possible, we should spend time with people who make us feel good about ourselves. People who want us to be happy and positive. Be in the company of people who make you smile, in fact, that make you laugh so much that your jaws start to hurt.
2) Find something that YOU enjoy doing, and do it!
I’m willing to bet that most of us can think of things we would love to do IF we just had the time. It can be anything – walking your dog / painting / ice skating / swimming / eating ice cream ….
Spending even just 30 minutes a week doing something you enjoy is certainly going to help you to feel happier.
Don’t just talk about it – do it!
3) Be kind and helpful
I know it sounds a bit corny, but spending time helping others really does make us feel better.
Knowing that we have helped somebody (even in a really small way) makes us feel good.
You don’t have to be Mother Theresa to be helpful.
‘Help’ and ‘kindness’ can take many forms:
- Volunteering at your local library;
- Donating some food / resources to a charity of your choice;
- Helping an elderly person carry their parcels;
- Writing a letter to somebody you know is going through a tough time and telling them that you are there for them;
- Giving somebody a hug and telling them how special they are.
So, those were my top 3 tips to feeling happier. I really hope that you try them out and that they work for you.
By the way …. if you would like some inspiration about hobbies or creative things you would like to get involved with, why don’t you take a look at the great hobbyist courses offered by College SA?
That’s all for today. Wishing you lots of laughter and happiness,
Your friends at College SA.