Things you need to know about getting a job:
If you are looking for a new job, or, looking to get employed for the first time, then there are a couple of things that you need to know:
- There are going to be hundreds of people competing for the same job that you want. So, you need to make sure that you and your CV stand out and get the attention of your future boss.
- What really counts is proof that you will actually be able to do the job. So, having a Degree is great, but this does not always mean that you will have the necessary skills to be able to do the job.
What are some CRUCIAL Skills needed for most jobs?
Below is a list of really important skills needed for most types of jobs. Go through the list and ask yourself if you have these skills:
- Do you have leadership / supervisory skills?
- Do you know how to create and work with a budget?
- Do you know how to professionally communicate with colleagues and clients – do you have business etiquette?
- Are you able to cope with change and handle new situations and processes?
- Do you know how to arrange, conduct and report on meetings?
- Do you have the skills to be able to deal with conflict and stressful situations at work?
- Can you compose, write and edit really professional and effective emails?
- Do you have stress management and time management skills?
With a College SA Workplace Short Course, in 6 months (or less), you can ensure that you really know how to do the important stuff for your new job.
Do yourself [and your CV a favour] and register for a College SA Short Course.
Call us at the College and let us help you get the skills that you NEED:
Call us on this number: 0800 21 2322