There have been many kung fu masters, there have been many movie stars, and there have been many kung-fu-master-movie-stars. But none like Bruce Lee. He was one extraordinary human being: philosophical, wise, the pinnacle of human fitness, and a learner throughout his life.
Bruce Lee was exemplary. He worked ceaselessly to realise his full potential (even though he believed that human potential was unlimited). So why shouldn’t you aspire to be just like him in your studies?
Whether you are already midway into your course, or just thinking about starting, you can learn from Bruce Lee: learn never to give up, to always aspire upwards, to work hard, to get the most out of your studies, and to always seek ways to improve yourself.
So for all you students and prospective students out there, here are 10 Bruce Lee quotes that you need to make your own if you want to succeed:
- “Remember no man is really defeated unless he is discouraged.” – Bruce Lee
- “To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one’s potential.” – Bruce Lee
- “To spend time is to pass it in a specified manner. To waste time is to expend it thoughtlessly or carelessly. We all have time to either spend or waste and it is our decision what to do with it. But once passed, it is gone forever.” – Bruce Lee
- “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime.” – Bruce Lee
- “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” – Bruce Lee
(So don’t ever think your circumstances are stopping you from studying and becoming a success. Let us help you if you think you don’t have the time, opportunity, or money to study).
- “Everything you do, if not in a relaxed state will be done at a lesser level than you are proficient.Thus the tensed expert marksman will aim at a level less than his/her student.” – Bruce Lee
10. “Do not allow negative thoughts to enter your mind for they are the weeds that strangle confidence.” – Bruce Lee
And here is one last bonus quote for everyone that ever felt like just giving up on their studies. I couldn’t resist including it – even though it is not a Bruce Lee quote, but a quote about Bruce Lee.
One of Lee’s former students, Stirling Silliphant, tells this story:
Bruce Lee was a university student himself before becoming famous. And it was because of his go-getter, live-life- to-the-fullest philosophy that he could succeed in life the way he did.
So don’t ever think that you aren’t able to succeed in your studies, and in life in general. At College SA, we believe, just like Bruce Lee, that everyone has the potential for greatness. You just need to realise that there is always more that you can be – a new level to reach and exceed.