As a Private FET College registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training, College SA is able to offer a variety of different types of courses.
One of the types of courses that we offer is called Institute Programme courses.
What is an Institute Programme Course?
These programmes are examined (assessed) and Certified by an Institute. The Institute can be internationally or locally recognised. With Institute programmes, College SA will offer the study support, but we will refer you to the Institute for the exam and the Certification. These programmes are often (but not always) accredited programmes; however the responsibility for accreditation is with the Institute. Institute programmes are often the best way to get recognised and qualified for a specific formal job.
For Institute Programmes you must make sure your college is approved by the relevant Institute to offer its programmes.
College SA has teamed up with a variety of prestigious Academic Partners and Professional Institutes College SA proudly offers a comprehensive range of highly sought after qualifications that are industry recognised and have various endorsements.
The academic partners / institutes that College SA has partnered with are:
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). They are a global body and their qualifications are internationally recognised.
- The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB). They are a local institute whose qualifications are registered on the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and their qualifications are accredited by FASSET (Finance and Accounting SETA). So, if you study one of their qualifications through College SA, you will be studying a SETA-accredited qualification and have your results loaded on the National Learner Results Database (NLRD). Even though the ICB is a local institute, they have strong ties with many international partners.
- The Exercise Training Academy (eta). So, if you study one of their qualifications (the full qualifications and NOT their short courses) through College SA, you will be studying a SETA-accredited qualification and have your results loaded on the National Learner Results Database (NLRD). Like the ICB, they are a local institute with SAQA registered qualifications. Their qualifications are accredited by CATHSSETA (the SETA responsible for Culture, Art, Tourism, Hospitality and Sport Education). They also have strong ties with many international partners.
- Strategic Investigations and Seminars (SIS). The SIS is a highly-respected local body that offers SAQA-registered qualifications and their qualifications (the full qualifications and NOT their short courses) are accredited by SASSETA (the SETA responsible for the Safety and Security Sector).
- The South African Institute of Management (SAIM). This is a local body that promotes the South African management industry and encourages networking among South African management professionals.
- The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA). They are a very well known international body in the IT industry. With more than 19,000 members in 89 countries, CompTIA is the leading global IT trade association with influence in all areas of the IT industry worldwide.
- Microsoft. College SA offers several IT-related courses that have external exams that students need to pass in order to get their international Microsoft certification.
Remember…. no course or qualification can ever guarantee somebody a job or a promotion.
What are the kinds of things an employer looks for?
- Work experience
- Relevant qualifications
- Will you fit into their work culture and team?
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Positive references from previous employers
Dear Readers, if you would like any more information about our Institute courses, please contact us so that we can answer all of your questions:
- If you want advice RIGHT AWAY and you would prefer to speak to one of our very friendly Course Experts, then the best thing to do would be to call the College –0800 21 23 22.
Take care Readers and chat soon,